Alexis Grace Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Idol' Power List: Last chance to vote before the final 12!

Go down

American Idol' Power List: Last chance to vote before the final 12! Empty American Idol' Power List: Last chance to vote before the final 12!

Post by GeeWindu Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:40 am

American Idol' Power List: Last chance to vote before the final 12!
Mar 2, 2009, 05:44 PM | by Michael Slezak
Categories: 'American Idol'

Hello, and welcome to the final American Idol Power List of the season 8 semifinals. That's right! This time next week, the nation (and Idol's judges) will have chosen this year's top 12, which means I won't be able to arbitrarily rank my personal favorites in the top 5 based on 11 seconds of screen time. I know, I know, I'm the worst. But it's not like you can't totally negate my whims in the Idol Power poll. Which I know you're just itching to do. So read on down the roll -- sorry, Jesse Langseth, you didn't make the cut since I don't think the judges like you enough to give you any Wild Card love -- then do your pop-cultural duty and vote for your own favorite below!...

10. Lil Rounds: (Last week: No. 10) Contestant most likely to score the Group 3 pimp slot on Tuesday, considering she's received more screen time than any other woman in season 8. Still, her vocals to date make us think it's too early to drink the Kool-Aid.
9. Alex Wagner-Trugman: (Last week: No. 9) Danced his 11 rivals into the ground during the Group 3 "boogie package" last week, which has us thinking he's the season's geek to watch. Let's just hope he veers toward the suave ''Baby Come to Me'' audition rather than his sappier top 36 sing-off.
8. Ricky Braddy: (Last week: No. Cool Handsome soul singer didn't survive the Group 1 viewer vote despite his terrific "A Song for You." But while Paula's fandom means he'll probably get a Wild Card performance slot, are his top 12 chances hurt by the presence of fellow puppy-eyed soulster Kris Allen?
7. Ju'Not Joyner: (Last week: No. 5, pictured, right) Unassuming Dad rocked "Hey There, Delilah" in Hollywood Week -- the best performance to date among Group 3's male contestants. Some might say his story lacks drama, but if this is still a singing competition (and it is, right?), then this dude is a contender.
6. Kris Allen: (New this week, pictured, left) Got maybe 30 seconds of screen time (once, as part of "White Chocolate") during Idol's opening weeks, but overcame the perceived deficit and cracked the top 12 on the strength of his soulful "Man in the Mirror" and, perhaps, his obvious eye appeal.
5. Allison Iraheta: (New this week) Along with Kris, this slightly awkward teenager proved you don't need a lot of producer help -- just one great performance -- to earn a top 12 spot. And the fact that she did it with "Alone" -- a song synonymous with Carrie Underwood's Idol run -- makes it that much more impressive.
4. Adam Lambert: (Last week: No. 6) Whether you found his "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" shrill and overbaked, or energetic and powerful, or all of the above, it made an impression. Of course, so did those guy-on-guy makeout photos that leaked to the Internet this week. Is a homophobic backlash inevitable? Or can America handle the truth? Time, and voting patterns, will tell.
3. Felicia Barton: (Last week: No. 3) Last-minute reprieve from elimination after Joanna Pacitti's DQ makes her this season's appealing underdog, and lack of a Group 3 standout leaves her a window to make a huge impression. The contestant of choice for viewers who abhor semi-pros in the competition.
2. Danny Gokey: (Last week: No. 4) Somehow got a shout-out from Simon during Kris Allen's critique this week (!), cementing his spot as the current judges' pet. Still, the disproportionate hype -- plus his relatives' decision to display a photo of his deceased wife for the cameras (!) -- has resulted in a growing Internet backlash. Can only benefit from two-week hiatus heading into top 12.

1. Alexis Grace: (Last week: No. 2) Doesn't have the buzz producers' backing of the Rounds-Lambert-Gokey trio, but Idol loves a slow build (see Cook, David; Sparks, Jordin), and the pink-haired young mother's results-show "I Never Loved a Man…" was stronger than her performance-night rendition. Perhaps Simon's comparison to Kelly Clarkson was apt?

Go to:
EW.com to see the other ten on the list...
GeeWindu
GeeWindu
Admin
Admin

https://alexisgrace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

American Idol' Power List: Last chance to vote before the final 12! Empty Re: American Idol' Power List: Last chance to vote before the final 12!

Post by GeeWindu Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 am

I'm liking the number there Very Happy

I think she has a shot though not a gigantic one at the moment... I believe playing her cards right Alexis could win... I thought it was so cool they put her number one haha! dj
GeeWindu
GeeWindu
Admin
Admin

https://alexisgrace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down