Alexis Grace Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First three 'Idol' finalists don't want sympathy

Go down

First three 'Idol' finalists don't want sympathy Empty First three 'Idol' finalists don't want sympathy

Post by Angie Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Sheri Block, CTV.ca

A single mom, an oil rig worker and a widower: The first three semi-finalists on "American Idol" all have real-life stories to tell.

But Alexis Grace, Michael Sarver and Danny Gokey don't want your sympathy.

Alexis Grace, a 21-year-old single mother from Memphis, Tenn., scored praises from judge Paula Abdul for her rendition of Aretha Franklin's "Never Loved a Man."

Abdul said she had a quiet confidence and it's hard to believe she has something so large inside of her, considering how petite she is.

Although it's difficult being away from her young daughter while she's on the show, Grace, like Sarver, is doing this for her family.

"This is all to better our lives," Grace said.

Grace, who is already drawing comparisons to Season 1 winner Kelly Clarkson, said her daughter is already her biggest fan back home.

"I know that she watches the show with all my family when it comes on. When I come on the TV, she points at it and she screams for me and says, 'Mommy!'" said Grace.

Read the full article here.

Angie
Admin
Admin

http://www.dannygokeyunofficial.com

Back to top Go down